Martin & Rosa to Peform at This Year’s Premio Lo Nuestro

It’ll be a reunion of sorts for Ricky Martin and Draco Rosa

The 41-year-old Puerto Rican global superstar and new The Voice Australia coach and the 43-year-old Puerto Rican singer-songwriter will perform their new single “Más y Más” on the 25th anniversary edition of Premio Lo Nuestro.

Ricky Martin & Draco Rosa

It’ll be Martin and Rosa’s first time performing together onstage since their time together as members of Menudo.

“Más y Más” is the new single from Draco’s latest album Vida, his first musical production since overcoming a two-year battle with cancer. The album is being hailed as Draco’s celebration of life after having been declared cancer free. It features duets with many of Latin music’s biggest stars like Martin, Alejandro Sanz, Calle 13, Juan Luis Guerra, José Feliciano, Juanes, Marc Anthony, Maná and Shakira.

The Premio Lo Nuestro awards show will be televised live on Univision on Thursday, February 21 at 8:00 pm ET.

Martin and Rosa join the list of previously announced performers that includes 3BallMTY, Carlos Vives, Jessy & Joy, Juan Luis Guerra, Olga Tañón, Pitbull, Prince Royce and Thalía.

Rosa Teams Up with Ricky Martin & More for New Album

Draco Rosa has lined up some big names to help mark his return to music following a long absence due to his cancer treatment…

For the 43-year-old Puerto Rican singer-songwriter’s latest album, entitled Vida, Rosa performs his greatest hits with friends and colleagues, including Ricky Martin, Alejandro Sanz, Juan Luis Guerra and Shakira.

Draco Rosa
“I feel very fortunate to be part of this because … they are recording my songs,” says the Grammy- and Latin Grammy-winning singer. “For me it’s a dream made into reality,” Rosa said Thursday in an interview with Efe.

Draco Rosa will also be joined on the album by other great figures in Latin music, including Romeo, Andres Calamaro, Mana, Marc Anthony, Jose Feliciano and Calle 13.

Draco Rosa admits the recording of the album helped him greatly to get through his cancer treatment, since it encouraged him to “continue with my desires and energy of life.”

“It is called Vida because I’m very happy to be alive. After two years of the disease, on Decemner 31 they confirmed to me that I was cancer-free,” he said.

The first song to hit the market is a new version of the hit “Mas y Mas” in duet form with Martin, with whom he shared one phase of his musical career when both were part of Menudo.

Vida will be released on March 19.